Saturday, May 18, 2013

Playing Songza on an EeePC 701

This old seven-inch laptop is still useful for a few things, I've recently connected it to my stereo system as a Songza player.

There were two things I needed to do to get this working:

Install Lubuntu
Install Adobe Flash Player from the tar.gz (which involved copying the .so file to /usr/lib/Chromium and copying the folder somewhere else)

I can write up more details if you ask in the comments.

I tried Google Chrome, but it was too resource-intensive so the audio stuttered. I wasn't able to install the Flash plugin in Midori for some reason, so I went back to Chromium and got it working there. The next step will be to connect a USB IR remote receiver with some scripts for selecting different Songza playlists, pausing, and adjusting the volume.

No comments: