Thursday, June 23, 2011

bringing technology to #ISTE11

We've had some discussion in my office about what technology to bring to the ISTE conference. Here are my thoughts and what I'm bringing.
  • iPad (or other tablet) for attending sessions
    • with audiobooks, books, and videos
  • laptop or netbook for writing and Skype/Google Talk
  • iPod Touch for walking around at night, and probably for the plane rides
    • also with audiobooks, books, and videos
Calling home:
Skype - for video calls between computers, iPad 2, iPhone, TVs, etc
Google Talk - free calls to Canada and US phones from within Gmail, free video calls to computers

And I'm leaving my phone at home, since even with a US plan it's still about $40 for 40 minutes and $30 for 0.01 GB of data.

While I'm at #ISTE11, I'll be posting to Twitter (@misterhay) and this blog.

No comments: